Gateway Upgrade North
We are making significant upgrades to the Gateway Motorway between Nudgee and Bracken Ridge, a section of road now carrying more than 83,000 vehicles a day.
This work is being delivered on behalf of Queensland’s Department of Transport and Main Roads. Lendlease Engineering Pty Ltd is designing and constructing the project.
The project includes:
- widening the Gateway Motorway from four to six lanes from Nudgee to Deagon, with capacity for future expansion to eight lanes
- reconfiguring, widening and improving interchanges, on and off ramps, and road surfaces
- building an off-road shared cycling and walking path
- installing intelligent transport systems such as variable speed limit signage, variable messaging signs, traffic monitoring cameras, and ramp metering
- building new noise barriers and upgrading existing barriers
The Gateway Upgrade North has been awarded an ‘Excellent’ Design Rating by the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia.
Once completed, the Gateway Upgrade North project will improve travel times and safety for drivers.
Timing and cost
Work on the $1.143 billion Gateway Upgrade North started in February 2016 and is set for completion in late 2018.
The Australian Government has committed up to $914.18 million to the project; the Queensland Government has committed $228.54 million.
See Gateway Upgrade North site for more information